Restaurant Review: Konstam

Last night I went to eat at Konstam, a restaurant near King's Cross that serves Northern and Central European foods. What brings this restaurant near and dear to my heart (besides the excellent food) is their commitment to sourcing local, seasonal produce. Over 80% of the produce they use comes from the area covered by the London tube network! I plan to be a frequent visitor...

The restaurant menu changes everyday, so my food descriptions will be necessarily vague as the daily menus aren't posted online. I ordered a starter as a main course, pigeon with horseradish. The pigeon was gamey and wonderful and it was perfect with the horseradish. [Incidentally, when pigeon is served in the US, I've only seen it called Squab. Perhaps no American would ever eat pigeon!] My dining companion had a remarkable stuffed cabbage dish. The cabbage was cooked at the perfect temperature so that it was still crunchy, springy, and vibrantly green. For dessert, we had a mulberry parfait. It wasn't what I expected visually, because parfaits are usually a layered, creamy dessert served in some sort of vessel. This parfait looked like a lavender brownie, but the taste was incredible. The mild berry flavor was perfectly balanced by honey sweetener and the smooth, creamy texture of the dessert was balanced by crunchy granola on top. Perfection indeed!


2 Acton Street
King's Cross
London WC1X 9NA
020 7833 5040
princealbert@konstam.co.uk

Comments

Popular Posts