The Merveilleux: A Meringue Cake Without Equal

I haven't had time to blog lately, but this cake is so good I had to post about it. I'm not normally a fan of meringue, but when I tried this meringue cake for the first time earlier this year, I fell in love. It comes from a French patisserie called "Aux Merveilleux", in about 6 flavors. I have only tasted one flavor ( I do have some self-restraint, after all), called the "Incroyable", a medley of meringue, speculoos biscuit, whipped cream and all coated with shaved white chocolate (second the to the left in the picture). The texture is a mixture of the crunchiness of meringue and biscuit and the smoothness of cream and chocolate. In other words, absolutely sublime.



They come in three sizes, and also the above mini-cakes. The other flavors include the "Merveilleux", the "Impensable", the "Excentrique", the "Magnifique",  and the quirkily named "Sans-Culotte". And you know what the best news is for us Londoners? They opened a shop in South Kensington in February this year. I know exactly what cake I'm having for my birthday this year...

Comments

Popular Posts